First: Sitting on a mutatu taxi with Kendall, in the front seat, on my left is the conductor, on Kendall's right, a 12 year old boy. In the last row there are 3 older boys, probably 17-20 years old, and in the front are the driver and the boy's father. As we drive along chatting and watching the scenery we both notice that the kid next to Kendall looks really tired. Without any warning at all the kid starts puking up disgustingness all over himself, the window, the backseat of the driver, and the bag that I have to carry for the rest of the day. Kid can't open the window well, his father in the front seat eventually notices the mess his kid is making and grabs the kid's bag and takes out the things he doesn't want puke on, and turns back to where he was. Kendall and I scoot closer to the conductor. This happens again, 15 minutes later, though with an empty bag in his hands the kid still prefers to toss his veggies out the window which is now open, and more on the backseat of the driver. This second time the conductor gives him a dirty rag and makes him clean it up. Finally, the mutatu pulls over and everyone but Kendall and I get out. We later learned that said kid was about to get his penis cut off in a circumcision ceremony, I'd be scared too.
Second: Kittens. Kittens? Kittens! There are 6, all adorable, some with eye infections. I fall for one that is all black with white paws and a brown one with a milky, puss eye. I find out that they are living at a hotel across the street, so I approach the owner and ask if I can have two. She denies knowledge of the kittens and agrees that I can take two. I am not prepared to take them so I say I will come back in a week or two.
Two weeks later: I come back, kittens are gone. No. The owner says she doesn't know what happened. I talk to the cook whose window overlooks where the kittens stay. "One of the giant storks came and ate all the baby cats." DEVASTATED.
Third: Witnessed: a man wearing my green Presidente Imported Beer hat. The shitloads of crap I have gotten for wearing such an ugly hat has been redeemed by a handsome and dignified Indian man walking into a store probably purchasing caviar, flowers for his woman, some husky-smelling cologne, and a bear trap.
Dan. These stories are great! Except 2/3 are either gross and painful or sad news, but they are awesome to read anyways! I wish I could tell amazing tales like yours except that I was at Chilis and one of the waiter looked like Russel Crowe. All he needed was a gladiator sword an armor to fit the image. Miss you.
ReplyDeleteLove , Manabu