Friday, August 6, 2010

Introduction

Friends and Family,


This is Dan Imhoff, your friend or family member.  As most of you know, I am departing for Uganda this week (Tuesday, August 10) as a volunteer in the Peace Corps.  I am in the Community Health & Economic Development program and my service ends 27 months from now, on October 11, 2012.  I do not yet know where I will be within Uganda nor do I know the particulars of the job that I will be doing when I get there.  I do know that for three months I will be training, after which I will be sent to a different place where I will work on my main assignment for two years.


In order for this experience to be as disorienting as possible, I have spent the last two years living in Manhattan, working as a Registered Nurse at Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center, on M15, the greatest nursing team in New York City.  Below is a picture taken from my apartment in New York City, a place I miss almost as much as the people I got to know so well while I was there.







I don't know exactly where this blog will go.  Right now, I want this to be a place where I can post pictures of people, places, and myself with people or in places.  If I have a good story that'll go up, but I am well aware of my own aversion to uninterrupted text, so I'll try to keep things short and sweet.

À bientôt,

Dan
dan.d.imhoff@gmail.com

6 comments:

  1. Good luck! We'll be thinking of you. Remember, Camp Nephew Dan.

    Love you

    Pat/Bill

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the link, Dan. Will be following along on your journey. Wishing you the very best in Uganda-- and hope to see you before its over too. Miss you already!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i will be an avid follower of your exploits. Anita Chase thinks you will return to the US with a different name!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dan! I am very excited for you! Good luck and have a fantastic experience!
    - manabu

    ReplyDelete
  5. All the best! I cant wait to hear about all of your adventures.

    Take care-
    Jen O

    ReplyDelete
  6. As soon as you get me an address, I'll see what I can do about Jerky and whey coming your way (AHAHAHHA THAT RHYMED)

    ReplyDelete